Who’s taking part in the Space Zone

I’m an Engineer, Get me out of here is back! Between the 11th and 22nd June, students from 14 schools will be putting their questions to 6 engineers in the Space Zone.

For the latest news and announcements about the event, find us on Twitter, @IAEGMOOH, and follow the hashtag, #IAEUK.

The Space Zone is funded by the UK Space Agency

Xu Teo | Earth-i

My job involves me using satellites in space to take pictures of Earth and telling people a lot more about what those pictures may mean.

Leah-Nani Alconcel | Imperial College London

I help to build scientific instruments that go on spacecraft to explore the solar system.

Kathryn Burrows | National Physical Laboratory

Computer modelling of an amazingly precise low gravity clock which will be installed on the International Space Station and will allow time experts to measure the worlds best clocks all over the globe and test Einsteins theory of relativity.

Ian Jones | Goonhilly Earth Station Ltd

I run a company that communicates with space ships and satellites.

Hina Khan | University of Strathclyde Scottish Centre of Excellence in Satellite Applications

I work to make the information we collect from satellites in space useful for people on Earth and to make our life on Earth better.

Andrew Margetts-Kelly | Surrey Satellite Technology Limited (SSTL)

I design rocket engines and electronics for spaceships

The Schools

• Lark Rise Academy
  • Reepham High School and College
  • Redmoor Academy
  • King James’s School
  • Frederick Bremer School
  • Sawtry Community College Academy
  • Winton Primary School
  • Sutton High School
  • Nottingham Academy
  • Rephad School
  • Saint John Houghton Catholic Voluntary Academy
  • Barr Beacon School
  • St Laurence School
  • Haileybury Almaty
Posted on June 5, 2018 by modamy in News. Leave a comment